Skip to main content

My Workout Plan

In the spirit of getting my fat, out of shape ass whipped into shape, I laid out a workout plan that is proving to be tough, but sustainable...but also accomplish some quick results since I only have a month between these trackdays, and I don't want a physical repeat of March's ride.

So, here's the plan: 3 days a week I am doing a home-made version of Cross Fit. Granted, not as great as having an actual trainer or class (since I don't have the equipment), but intense none the less. I've got a list of about 25 different exercises I can do, and I rotate through them in sets of 4, being sure to hit several body areas each day. Warm up, followed by 20 minutes of butt-kicking rotations, then cool down and stretch.

Another 3 days a week I'm doing basic cardio - taking the dog for a run, doing the 30 minute express workout at my gym, Planet Fitness, or something else along that line. One day a week I take off from actually working out - may still go ride a horse or go for a bike ride, but no planned physical activities.

Additionally at work, I have a few little things I've come up with to help work specifically on some of my leg weaknesses. While watching cameras, I've got a few body resistant stances that I can take that will target my problem areas and the bad weaknesses I noticed on the 26th. Better than sitting in a chair all day anyways.

Drink more water, eat a little better, and all the other stuff that goes along with this...if I keep this up, I may actually get my body back! Of course, I may need alterations to my suit by the time I get it, but at least I'll be heading in the right direction this time lol!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WERA Cycle Jam - Road Atlanta - May, 2024

Road Atlanta rapidly became my favorite track on the east coast thus far. Even though I've only been there a few times, I was excited to head out there on a race weekend and see if racing lit more of a fire under my tail.  This track has tons of elevation, is extremely fast, and has a nice variety of corners with opportunities to catch a breath or two in between. All things I love after "growing up" on the northern California tracks. Coming in to the weekend I was excited, but also a bit nervous. I have never raced here, none the less at Cycle Jam which brings in a ton of riders and overflows the entire paddock, shelf, and beyond. I knew my times here were still slow, but if I found a little time I wouldn't be dead last - there are some fast people around here, but figured another couple seconds would at least give me some good battles. Coming in, I had some specific goals outside of just have fun - I wanted to work on some of the feedback I had gotten at the end of t...

WERA Roebling Road March 2021 - Ya Win Some, Ya Lose Some.....

 ....and sometimes you do both within half a lap. But that's not how the weekend started. Making races this year was looking very hit and miss, but with RIDERZLAW continuing their title sponsorship, a few rounds were not outside the realm of possibility; as finances were working out, I set up to head to Roebling Road, one of only 2 tracks I made it to last year for a race. I was excited to see if a) mentally I was back to a better place and b) to finally race a familiar track. Friday practice went smoothly, and by the end of the day I was feeling very comfortable at my previous pace, and could tell I had a lot left in me. Issue was, I still wasn't nailing the entire track - parts of it, but there were a couple places that still needed to come together for me, turns 1 and 5 in particular. Saturday I had a fairly early race with Formula 1 - with not even so much as a trackday since last September, it took me the better part of 2+ laps to "remember" I was racing, not jus...

AFM Round 3, 2016 – Race Report – Thunderhill Raceway

Ever since the completion of Round 2 I was looking forward to getting back out to the track. With only one possible track weekend in between, which I wasn’t able to make for a few reasons, it was feeling like a rather long dry spell even though it was only about a month. I was able to get packed up and loaded the little RiderzLaw truck up early enough on Friday that I arrived to the track around 3:00pm and was able to start setting up the pit in the area another friend had saved for our group. Bike seemed happy, I was feeling relatively good, and it was looking like a warm, but tolerable, weekend. I was excited. Friday night involved a lot of socializing as we all caught up and started the smack talk. Eventually I crawled into bed, but the wind continued to blow. It kept me from really falling asleep as I worried about the canopies we had set up, and eventually I crawled out of the tent and took down the canopy. In the dark. In the wind. I went back to bed only to have the flappin...