Skip to main content

And a Special Thanks goes out to....

So 2012 had it's share of fun, good times and bad - but none of it would have been possible without the generosity of a large number of people! Whether it was something as simple as a willing carpool partner; lending a vehicle; hauling my crap home after a crash or just helping out, many people have reached out to help me achieve this goal. Below is a list of folks and a brief description of what they've done - I just want to give a huge shout out to all of my "unofficial" sponsors this past year, couldn't have done it without you!



List of People/Businesses that have helped me get into racing (no particular order)


  • Zoom Zoom Trackdays - David, Shawn, Kathy and many others: (instructors, packages, teaching, general assistance and tolerance)
  •  CT Racing (tire discounts; thorough question answering)
  • JPH Suspension (Bike set up; offering  a ride from Laguna Seca to Sonoma, and providing a place to crash that night).
  • Rory K (Rides to and from trackday(s); indispensible help in crash; instruction on and off the track, at trackdays and away from trackdays; just being there sometimes)
  • Dani (truck and trailer loan; personal feedback)
  • Carl W (Place to crash; pit assistance and scooter loan during NRS)
  • Curve Unit (carpools, support network, pit bitches J ) – specific people: Kelly (canopy); Patty A (carpools); Patty J (trailer use); Amy (Support; first trackday); AnaMarie (pit help); Sabrina (support and photos)
  •  Paul B (ride to Laguna; use of trailer overnight; ride to Sonoma; pit buddy)
  • James K (taking care of pets while I was gone; loading and unloading assistance)
  • Sean (Elskipador) (Affordable mechanical work on bikes)
  •  Dan and Michelle Sewell (Place to crash; instruction on and off track; friendliness)


  I tried to think of everyone, but if I forgot someone it is not intentional! Everyone who helped this past year has made a huge impression - my thanks can never be enough, but at the very least I will pay it forward in the future! I can hardly wait for my race season to start - I will be starting the season with the AFM Round 2 at Sonoma Raceway! Come swing by my pit and say HI so I can thank you in person!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WERA Cycle Jam - Road Atlanta - May, 2024

Road Atlanta rapidly became my favorite track on the east coast thus far. Even though I've only been there a few times, I was excited to head out there on a race weekend and see if racing lit more of a fire under my tail.  This track has tons of elevation, is extremely fast, and has a nice variety of corners with opportunities to catch a breath or two in between. All things I love after "growing up" on the northern California tracks. Coming in to the weekend I was excited, but also a bit nervous. I have never raced here, none the less at Cycle Jam which brings in a ton of riders and overflows the entire paddock, shelf, and beyond. I knew my times here were still slow, but if I found a little time I wouldn't be dead last - there are some fast people around here, but figured another couple seconds would at least give me some good battles. Coming in, I had some specific goals outside of just have fun - I wanted to work on some of the feedback I had gotten at the end of t...

WERA Roebling Road March 2021 - Ya Win Some, Ya Lose Some.....

 ....and sometimes you do both within half a lap. But that's not how the weekend started. Making races this year was looking very hit and miss, but with RIDERZLAW continuing their title sponsorship, a few rounds were not outside the realm of possibility; as finances were working out, I set up to head to Roebling Road, one of only 2 tracks I made it to last year for a race. I was excited to see if a) mentally I was back to a better place and b) to finally race a familiar track. Friday practice went smoothly, and by the end of the day I was feeling very comfortable at my previous pace, and could tell I had a lot left in me. Issue was, I still wasn't nailing the entire track - parts of it, but there were a couple places that still needed to come together for me, turns 1 and 5 in particular. Saturday I had a fairly early race with Formula 1 - with not even so much as a trackday since last September, it took me the better part of 2+ laps to "remember" I was racing, not jus...

AFM Round 3, 2016 – Race Report – Thunderhill Raceway

Ever since the completion of Round 2 I was looking forward to getting back out to the track. With only one possible track weekend in between, which I wasn’t able to make for a few reasons, it was feeling like a rather long dry spell even though it was only about a month. I was able to get packed up and loaded the little RiderzLaw truck up early enough on Friday that I arrived to the track around 3:00pm and was able to start setting up the pit in the area another friend had saved for our group. Bike seemed happy, I was feeling relatively good, and it was looking like a warm, but tolerable, weekend. I was excited. Friday night involved a lot of socializing as we all caught up and started the smack talk. Eventually I crawled into bed, but the wind continued to blow. It kept me from really falling asleep as I worried about the canopies we had set up, and eventually I crawled out of the tent and took down the canopy. In the dark. In the wind. I went back to bed only to have the flappin...